We need volunteers like you.
Whether they serve lunch to the homeless, bring smiles to a child's face in our youth programs, or ring the bell during the holiday season, our volunteers are critical partners in helping us fulfill our promise of "Doing the Most Good." If you want to make a big impact in your community, you've come to the right place. We welcome groups and individuals to serve in a variety of roles throughout the year.
Please note that all volunteers must be scheduled to participate. No walk-ins accepted. Volunteer Packets need to be current or completed prior to participation.
Family Services (359 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Food Pantry Helper: 4 Food Pantry volunteers needed each shift to unload food delivery trucks, stock shelves, pack and distribute food bags, and clean up. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30am-12pm or 1pm-4pm
- Fresh Produce Bagger: 4 volunteers needed to bag fresh produce into smaller portions for distribution. Hours: Mon, 8:30am-12pm or 1-3pm, Tue 8:30am-12pm
- Front Office Helper: 1-2 volunteers needed to help answer phones, make copies, stock literature, replenish bread racks, and greet clients. Being bilingual in Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, or Spanish is helpful. Hours: Mon-Fri, 10am-12pm & 1-3pm
- On-Call Volunteer: Volunteers needed to help with last-minute projects or to supplement a lack of help on a project.
- Bilingual Volunteers (Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese): So more people can understand our assistance programs, we seek bilingual volunteers to help communicate verbally or translate forms.
- Homeless Advocate: 5+ volunteers needed to help with intake/survey needs, clothing vouchers, and more for homeless and hungry residents. Tue-Fri, 8am-12 or 1-3pm
- Birthday Helpers: 4+ volunteers needed to help serve cake and ice cream, decorate, lead singing, and hand out birthday bags to those experiencing homelessness. 1x monthly, 11:30am-1:30pm
Senior Nutrition Center (359 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Decorators: 4-6 volunteers will use our decorations to bring fun monthly themes to life at our Senior Center. Hours: Mon-Fri, 1:30-4:30pm, ask for Decorating Schedule
- Arts or Crafts Instructors: Weekday volunteers needed to lead seniors in an art or craft class. All class ideas are welcome! Hours: Select times from 9am-12pm
- Exercise, Movement, or Dance Instructors: Weekday volunteers needed to lead seniors in all types of exercise, movement, or dance (activities should be appropriate for seniors). Hours: Select times from 9am-12pm
- Music Instructors: Weekday volunteers needed to lead seniors in chorale practice and performance. Hours: 1-1.5 hours between 9am-12pm
- Kitchen Helper: 1-2 volunteers needed to help with food prep and plating, serve lunch, and help with clean-up. Hours: Mon- Fri, 9am-1pm
- Kitchen Server: 1-2 volunteers needed to plate food from steam tables. Hours: Mon- Fri, 11:30am-12:30pm
- Bingo Caller / Card Seller: 1-2 volunteers needed to call Bingo and sell Bingo cards. Tue & Thur, 9:30-11:30am
San Jose Temple (359 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Music Instructors: Volunteers needed to teach guitar, piano, recorder, drumline or singing class for youth ages 10-17. Class runs from 4:00-5:00 PM. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Requesting at least 3-month commitment.
- Food Server & Clean-Up: 3 volunteers needed. Sundays only, 12-2pm
- Zumba Instructor: Volunteer needed to teach Zumba classes weekday mornings.
Emmanuel House (405 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Kitchen Helper (Lunch): 2-3 volunteers needed to serve lunch and help with clean-up. Hours: Mon-Sat, 11am-1:30pm
- Kitchen Helper (Dinner): 5 volunteers needed to serve dinner and help with clean-up. Teens ages 14+ allowed with majority ratio of adult volunteers, teens ages 17+ allowed without supervision. Hours: Mon- Sat, 4-6: 30pm
- Provide & Serve Lunch or Dinner: Provide meals for Emmanuel House residents. You have the option to prepare meals on-site, cater, or both. Hours: Lunch served to residents by 11:15am and to community by 12:15pm, Dinner served to residents by 4:15pm and to community by 5:15pm
- Cleaner/Helper: 1-2 volunteers needed to help with indoor cleaning (bathrooms, mop/sweep floors, wash windows, etc.) and yard work. Male volunteers only. Must be 18+ years old. Hours: Mon-Sat, 2-hour shift between 8am-5pm
Sunnyvale Grace Korean Corps (1161 S Bernardo Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94087)
- Fresh Produce Bagger: 5-7 volunteers needed to bag fresh produce into smaller portions for distribution. Experience with a pallet jack and loading/unloading boxes of produce a plus. Teens ages 14-17 must be accompanied by a volunteer parent or adult. Hours: 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month from 9am-1pm
Please contact Calvin Cheung at (408)720-0420 to volunteer at our Sunnyvale site.
contact Liwayway at email@example.com or complete the form below to sign up. Groups welcome!