Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
We need volunteers like you. Whether they serve lunch to the homeless, bring smiles to a child's face in our youth programs, or ring the bell during the holiday season, our volunteers are critical partners in helping us fulfill our promise of "Doing the Most Good." If you want to make a big impact in your community, you've come to the right place. We welcome groups and individuals to serve in a variety of roles throughout the year.
Please note that all volunteers must be scheduled to participate. No walk-ins accepted. Volunteer Packets need to be current or completed prior to participation.
Family Services (359 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Food Pantry Helper: 4 Food Pantry volunteers needed each shift to unload food delivery trucks, stock shelves, pack and distribute food bags, and clean up. Hours: Mon-Thur, 8:30am-12pm or 1pm-4pm, Fri 9am-12pm
- Fresh Produce Bagger: 9 volunteers (5 morning shift, 4 afternoon shift) needed to bag fresh produce into smaller portions for distribution. Hours: Mon, 9am-12pm and/or 1pm-4pm
- Front Office Helper: 1-2 volunteers needed to help answer phones, make copies, stock literature, replenish bread racks, and greet clients. Hours: Mon-Fri, 10am-12pm & 1-3pm
- On-Call Volunteer: Volunteers needed to help with last-minute projects or to supplement a lack of help on a project.
- Bilingual Volunteers (Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese): We need bilingual volunteers to translate Social Services materials so more people can learn about our assistance programs.
Senior Nutritional Center (359 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Decorators: 4-6 volunteers will use our decorations to bring fun monthly themes to life at our Senior Center. Hours: Mon-Fri, 12:30-4pm
- Arts or Crafts Instructors: Weekday volunteers needed to lead seniors in an art or craft class. All class ideas are welcome! Hours: Select class times at 9am-12pm or 1-2pm
- Exercise, Movement, or Dance Instructors: Weekday volunteers needed to lead seniors in all types of exercise, movement, or dance (activities should be appropriate for seniors). Hours: Select class times at 9am-12pm or 1-2pm
- Computer Instructors: Weekday volunteers needed to provide one-on-one computer support to seniors. Hours: Select class times at 9am-12pm or 1-2pm
- Music Instructors: Weekday volunteers needed to lead seniors in chorale practice and performance. Hours: Select class times at 9am-12pm or 1-2pm
- Meal Clean-up: 1-2 volunteers needed to stack chairs, wipe down food carts and tables, and roll-up windows. Hours: Fri, 12:30-1:30pm
- Kitchen Helper: 1-2 volunteers needed to prepare food, serve lunch, and help with clean-up. Hours: Mon- Fri, 9am-1pm
- Kitchen Server: 1-2 volunteers needed to plate food from steam tables. Hours: Mon- Fri, 11:30am-12:30pm
Emmanuel House (405 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Kitchen Helper (Lunch): 2-3 volunteers needed to serve lunch and help with clean-up. Hours: Mon-Sat, 11am-1:30pm
- Kitchen Helper (Dinner): 5 volunteers needed to serve dinner and help with clean-up. Teens ages 14+ allowed with majority ratio of adult volunteers, teens ages 17+ allowed without supervision. Hours: Mon- Sat, 4-6: 30pm
- Provide & Serve Lunch or Dinner: Provide meals for Emmanuel House residents. You have the option to prepare meals on-site, cater, or both. Hours: Lunch served to residents by 11:15am and to community by 12:15pm, Dinner served to residents by 4:15pm and to community by 5:15pm
- Cleaner/Helper: 1-2 volunteers needed to help with indoor cleaning (bathrooms, mop/sweep floors, wash windows, etc.) and yard work. Male volunteers only. Must be 18+ years old. Hours: Mon-Sat, 2-hour shift between 8am-5pm
Sunnyvale Grace Korean Corps (1161 S Bernardo Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94087)
- Fresh Produce Bagger: 5-7 volunteers needed to bag fresh produce into smaller portions for distribution. Teens ages 14-17 must be accompanied by a volunteer parent or adult. Hours: 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month from 9am-1pm
Please contact Calvin Cheung at (408)720-0420 to volunteer at our Sunnyvale site.
contact Liwayway at email@example.com or complete the form below to sign up. Groups welcome!