Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
In 2017, volunteers like you gave over 64,500 hours of their time to make an impact in the Silicon Valley. Whether they serve lunch to the homeless, bring smiles to a child's face in our youth programs, or ring the bell during the holiday season, our volunteers are critical partners in helping us fulfill our promise of "Doing the Most Good." If you want to make a big impact in your community, you've come to the right place. We welcome groups and individuals to serve in a variety of roles throughout the year.
Family Services (359 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Food Pantry Helper: 1-2 Food Pantry volunteers needed to unload food delivery trucks, stock shelves, pack and distribute food bags, and clean up. Hours: Mon-Thur, 8:30am-12pm or 1pm-4pm, Fri 8:30am-12pm
- Fresh Produce Bagger: 4-5 volunteers needed to bag fresh produce into smaller portions for distribution. Hours: Mon, 8:30am-12pm and/or 1pm-4pm if needed
Senior Nutritional Center (359 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Decorators: 6-10 volunteers will use our decorations to bring fun monthly themes to life at our Senior Center. Hours: Mon-Fri, 12:30-4pm, Saturdays negotiable
- Meal Clean-up: 1-2 volunteers needed to stack chairs, wipe down food carts and tables, and roll-up windows. Hours: Mon-Fri, 12:30-1:30pm
- Kitchen Helper: 1-2 volunteers needed to prepare food, serve lunch, and help with clean-up. Hours: Mon- Fri, 9am-1pm
The Emmanuel House (405 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
- Kitchen Helper (Lunch): 2-3 volunteers needed to serve lunch and help with clean-up. Hours: Mon-Sat, 11am-1:30pm
- Kitchen Helper (Dinner): 5-7 volunteers needed to serve dinner and help with clean-up. (Groups: Age 14+ with majority ratio of adult volunteers.) Hours: Mon- Sat, 4-6: 30pm
- Provide & Serve Lunch or Dinner: Provide meals for Emmanuel House residents. You have the option to prepare meals on-site, cater, or both. Hours: Lunch served by 11:15am with Community by 12:15pm, Dinner served by 4:15pm with Community by 5:15pm
- Cleaner/Helper: 1-2 volunteers needed to help with indoor cleaning (bathrooms, mop/sweep floors, wash windows, etc.) and yard work. Male volunteers only. Must be 18+ years old.
Sunnyvale Grace Korean Corps (1161 S Bernardo Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94087)
- Fresh Produce Bagger: 5-7 volunteers needed to bag fresh produce into smaller portions for distribution. Hours: 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month from 9am-1pm
- On-Call Volunteer - Volunteers needed to help with last-minute projects or to supplement a lack of help on a project.
- Bilinguals Volunteers (Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese) - We need bilingual volunteers who can translate Social Services material from English to Mandarin, Cantonese, or Vietnamese so more people can learn about our assistance programs.
To learn more or sign up, fill out this form or contact Liwayway Gimenez at 408.282-1165 ext.3218. Groups welcome.